Last year, MWLS advocates gave 44 outreach presentations/trainings, benefitting 895 attendees.
MWLS advocates offer community legal education presentations and trainings to client groups, support groups, service providers and others in the community upon request. Outreach and training topics can be tailored to your group. Some common topics include:
- Getting your affairs in order (Durable Power of Attorney, Health Care Proxy, Wills)
- Dealing with debt (includes Judgment Proof and Bankruptcy)
- Guardianship, Conservatorship and less restrictive alternatives
- Government benefits eligibility
- Rights of children with special education needs
- Landlord-tenant law (including eviction defense, foreclosure prevention)
- Immigration relief available to victims of domestic violence
- Divorce basics (with an emphasis on domestic violence, safety planning, court processes, restraining orders)
If you would like MWLS to provide community education or training to your group, please contact us at 508-620-1830.