Through its Senior Citizen's Legal Project, MWLS provides services to individuals 60 years and over living in our service area. Our advocates help clients with the following:
- Housing matters, primarily eviction cases involving public or subsidized housing; application denials for subsidized housing; and foreclosure defense
- Durable Powers of Attorney, Health Care Proxies, and Defense of Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Nursing Home Issues, including transfer and discharge, conditions, and evictions
- Benefits - Social Security, SSI, Unemployment, MassHealth, and the Department of Transitional Assistance benefits
- Domestic Relations, including restraining orders, divorces for seniors who can not afford private counsel, modification of divorce agreements, and contempt actions
- Bankruptcies and consumer rights issues
- Through our Private Bar Involvement (PBI) Program, local private attorneys volunteer their services to assist MWLS clients with simple wills
The Senior Citizen's Legal Project is made possible in part by funding from the Older Americans Act as granted by BayPath Elder Services, Inc., HESSCO, and Springwell, Inc.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- Mass Legal Help
Massachusetts legal aid programs put together this website to help you find practical information about your legal rights.