- Voices of Service: MetroWest Legal Services – Jimmy Tingle
- MAPS Honors Nailze Lima
- Joseph Sherman Selected to Public Interest Leadership Program
- MWLS Awarded Middlesex Savings Charitable Foundation Grant for Domestic Violence Services
- Family to Family – A FREE educational class for family and friends of individuals living with a mental health condition
Staff Attorney – Education Law
1. Represent the parents of children with special needs in all phases of special education and school discipline cases.
2. Work closely with community and parent groups of school-aged children to provide advocacy for special education services.
3. Conduct targeted outreach to enhance visibility of legal services provided and to connect with communities that could benefit from the services.
4. Engage in systemic legislative and administrative advocacy around education issues.
- Attend and participate in agency-wide staff meetings, unit meetings, case conferences and other ad hoc or ongoing staff meetings.
- As requested, make presentations to staff and to the MWLS Board of Directors.
- Participate in professional development activities, such as conferences, workshops, trainings, etc.
- Work collaboratively with others on staff to promote effective communication, coordination and teamwork.
- Perform other duties as needed, consistent with the provision of quality client service.
Fundraising & External Relations
- Participate in community outreach by (a) representing MWLS in community groups or service organizations; and (b) participating in community education programs and activities, including speaking engagements, trainings, Boards or committees etc.
- Participate in statewide coalitions and support groups with legal services, advocates, and community groups.
- Fulfill grant requirements and obligations as outlined by individual work plan.
- Participate in agency fundraising activities as mutually agreed upon, which agreement will not be unreasonably withheld.