- Voices of Service: MetroWest Legal Services – Jimmy Tingle
- MAPS Honors Nailze Lima
- Joseph Sherman Selected to Public Interest Leadership Program
- MWLS Awarded Middlesex Savings Charitable Foundation Grant for Domestic Violence Services
- Family to Family – A FREE educational class for family and friends of individuals living with a mental health condition
MetroWest Legal Services is a legal aid organization, founded in 1976, with a mission of providing free legal advocacy in civil cases to protect and advance the rights of the poor, elderly, disabled, homeless and other disenfranchised individuals and families so they may obtain legal, social and economic justice. MWLS assists client-eligible persons in securing access to basic needs and in challenging institutional barriers to achieve justice.
MetroWest Legal Services (MWLS) is seeking a committed, creative, and organized individual with strong people skills who is excited to work in the legal aid space to assume leadership of our fundraising and development work. The Development Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors Fundraising Committee to generate and maintain financial resources for MWLS.
The Development Manager will have primary responsibility for creating and driving all development and annual fundraising plans, developing a donor cultivation strategy including fundraising, cultivation, stewardship, and a special events calendar; and working with the Executive Director to identify and expand a diverse grant portfolio.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Individual Donor Development
- Identify a robust pipeline of prospective donors and craft a management strategy to grow MWLS’s major giving and individual donor base.
- Create and implement an individual donor communication strategy to engage existing and prospective donors in our work.
- Produce solicitation materials including an annual appeal, newsletters, and other engagement materials.
- Together with the Executive Director, build and nurture relationships with individual donors.
- Oversee and maintain donor database (Donor Perfect).
- Manage the integration of Donor Perfect with other software applications and related needs.
2. Institutional fundraising
- Perform organizational research to build a pipeline of prospective foundation and corporate funders and with the Executive Director, develop a comprehensive grant plan and calendar.
- Cultivate relationships with current and potential funders.
- Work with the Executive Director to gather information and assist with the writing of grants.
- Utilize multiple platforms in communications strategy (print, electronic, social media, etc.)
- Prepare organizational publications (i.e., newsletters, press releases, annual reports)
- Maintain MWLS mailing list.
- Maintain consistency in all areas of organizational branding.
- Maintain and update MWLS website.
- Plan and execute fundraising and stewardship events, as determined annually with input from the Executive Director and Board Fundraising Committee.