MetroWest Legal Services is a non-profit 501(c) 3 law firm established in 1976 that provides free civil legal aid to low-income, disabled and elderly people throughout MetroWest. The MWLS service area includes 36 towns in Central and South Middlesex and Southern Norfolk county.
Job applicants must demonstrate a commitment to justice for low-income individuals, strong legal skills, and the ability to work effectively with diverse populations. MetroWest Legal Services offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree helpful
- 3-5 years’ of proven experience and knowledge in the development field with:
- Annual giving programs including new donor development, renewals, stewardship;
- Planning and executing Special Events;
- Grant-writing and prospecting for grant opportunities; and
- Recruitment, training and motivation of leadership volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with and under the direction of the Executive Director
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with website and social media platforms
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Strong organizational, time management skills, able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently without close oversight
- Excellent team player open to working in a fluid, fast paced environment
- Commitment to MWLS mission
- Able to work some evenings and/or weekends during special events and major campaigns